Lisa was born in Virginia, where her family roots were strong. Her father was in sales and marketing, which led her family to move frequently. The places she's called home are Tennessee, Maryland, New York, Michigan, Ohio, California, and Washington. Moving every few years and starting over helped her develop an appreciation for true meaningful friendships and a desire to retain memories and moments. She developed a keen awareness of the seasons of life, literally and figuratively. She realized that no matter where she moved, the sun, moon, and stars, calm seas and crashing waves, towering trees, and flowering fields remained constant.
Art has always been at her core. As a creative person, she looks at the world in layers, light, shadow and design. She can create images out of thin air and lay them in a notebook, onto film, or across a canvas. She has always written poetry, whether it was journalling as a young girl, receiving her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in creative writing, working on her blog, or producing books of poetry that incorporated her photography.
In the 1980's Lisa watched the booming growth of the new gift basket businesses and left the corporate world to start her own company. She was running her business when she had her first son. After her second son's birth she was set on a new path, selling her business, then creating and promoting a resource directory to help other gift basket entrepreneurs build their product sources. While pregnant with her third son, she stepped back into painting, experimenting with different styles and challenging herself to regularly produce different pieces.
Fun Factoids about Lisa:
1. She has a fascination with the universe and loves Carl Sagan's quote "The cosmos are within us. We are made from star-stuff". She recently met astronaut Scott Kelly and seeing his photographs looking down at earth puts the fragility of life on this great planet into perspective for her.
2. She has picked grapes from a vineyard in the early morning dew, de-stemmed them, crushed, rested, tested, bottled, and the designed the label, producing a lovely Cabernet Sauvignon.
3. She was featured in Entrepreneur Magazine under The Ten Hottest Businesses, representing the gift basket industry.
4. She met her husband through Great Expectations computer dating service. Time stopped for her the first time she saw his profile. They discussed getting married on their first date. They just celebrated their 28th Wedding Anniversary and she calls her husband her lovely soul mate.
5. She finds great happiness in cooking. It's a passion of hers and she loves the challenge of creating and presenting a delicious dinner when just an hour prior, she had no idea what was going to transpire. Lisa's goal is to achieve top restaurant style results. Her interest was sparked when her father would travel, then share stories about the different meals he experienced at various restaurants.